Monday, September 20, 2010

Awaken the Giant Within

Have any of you read "Awaken the Giant Within" by Anthony Robbins? For those of you who haven't, I highly recommend that you read it. I am reading it again for the second time. This was the most inspiring, motivational book that I've read so far. If you read this book actively, you'll discover what has brought you to your present self, you'll discover why we do the things that we do. If you're seeking to transform your life, this book teaches you the tools and strategies that you need to accomplish this.

After reading this book for the first time, I felt like I could fly . . . there was nothing out of my reach. I ultimately slipped right back into my rut a few months later because I didn't create an effective plan for the days that I couldn't muster up an once of motivation.

We all have the power to create the life that we envision. We must however develop a clear vision of what it is that we want. We need to get clear about what we desire vs. what we're committed to. We must then act.

Anthony Robbins has coined the term CANI - (Constant and Never Ending Improvements). We can have anything and be anyone once we're committed to CANI. Together, I believe that we can create the most spectacular, amazing and dynamic lives.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole
    I've been offline all day, but I'm finally back. I think your blog is off to a great start. I especially like your transparency about your experiences, moods and ambitions. I suspect you are currently a perfect match to the phase of Tony Robbins life when he wrote Awaken the Giant Within. He was in a deep funk and used the writing of the book to get out of it. When we lose our motivation, curiosity and confidence, we're usually not "self-structuring". We're not good at formulating actions plans and following through on them. That's where self-help books come in handy if we take them to heart.

    I've found writing to be far more therapeutic and helpful to me than reading self-help books or attending seminars. I find I naturally work through my issues by writing out what's on my mind and recognizing how that's changed from prior reflections. So I'm encouraging you to write often to your blog and discover how that effects you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom,

    Thank you very much for your words of encouragement. Writing is indeed therapeutic. I find that journaling is a great tool is staying motivated, but doesn't factor in the accountability that blogging does. I love that you are so commited to your blog. It's great to find a blog like yours. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nicole, I am on lhcf and saw your thread. I am now following your blog.
    :)

    ReplyDelete